TF-5 is an extraordinary fixer for both paper and film.
* Processing time of only 30 seconds for resin-coated prints, 60 seconds for fiber-based prints, with no hypo clearing agent necessary.
* Little or no odor if mixed with distilled water.
* No stop bath necessary. Just use water rinse after developing.
* Non-hardening. Excellent for use with prints to be toned or re-touched.
* It is a near neutral fix that changes the pH of the film or paper from alkaline to near neutral, unlike TF4 in which the film or paper stays at an alkaline pH value.
* The only rapid-fixer system that allows the print to be completely fixed without impairing the rapidity of the wash.
* No image bleaching. All conventional fixers act as reducers. This means that the longer the material is left in the fixer, the more image silver is destroyed. This can only have bad effects on the image, whether it is a print or a negative. Conventional sodium thiosulfate (rapid) fixers suffer from this defect especially. The problem is eliminated in TF-5, which may offer slightly richer maximum blacks as a result.
03-0200 Ships as a1 liter bottle to make 4 liters $13.95
03-0201 ships as 1 -1gallon jug to make 4 gallons $32.95
03-0202 ships as 2-1 gallon jugs to make 8 gallons $57.95
03-0203 ships as 4 -1 gallon jugs to make 16 gallons $92.95
Posted by J Goffe on 11th Jun 2016
I have used TF4 for many years and decided to give the new TF5 a try. Very pleased. As with the TF4, when mixed with distilled water, there is very little odor.
Posted by Unknown on 28th Apr 2015
Great quick fixer for films and papers, with added benefit of no ammonia fumes, the one drawback of TF-4.